Drum Instructor Stephen Bigelow started his teaching career in 2015. Since that time he has become one of Mike Dale's key teachers. Stephen started developing his drumming skills while in middle school. It was during this time that he was studying with Mike Dale. It was not long before Mike recognized Stephen's tremendous talent on the instrument. Stephen progressed very quickly and in a very short time, became the key drummer in his high school jazz band. Stephen has always had a love for music, which has has fueled his passion for all things percussion. He is a very driven individual and it shows-in his playing, teaching as well as in his natural ability to motivate his students. Stephen is also an avid outdoors-man, with a love of mountain biking, hiking and fishing.
Listed below are a few of Stephens accomplishments.
- Was a member of the Caleb Chapman's Latin Jazz Band, "La Onda Caribena".
- Plays in the Grace Community Bible Church Worship Team.
- Played in the U of U Marching Band.
- Winner of the 2016 Day Of Percussion Competition, Drum Set Category.
- Graduating from the U of U with a major in jazz performance and a minor in entrepreneurship.
- Currently in a cover band called Standing For Joe, which plays frequently in Park City and Salt Lake.
- Is a member of the Jazz-Rock Fusion Band, Willo the Wisp.
- Maintains a 3.75 College GPA.